Hello, we’re eCom
We’ve been helping organisations understand how to make the internet work for them since the early 90’s, when it all began.
Now a few decades into our story, we’re proud that our range of innovative digital learning solutions, developed in Scotland, drives workplace learning all over the world. We’re delighted to be helping so many organisations and we’ve built some great relationships too. So why not get in touch and experience the eCom way yourself.
Here's the eCom Story, from our beginnings to the persent day.
Once upon a time...
1996 - 2000
- eCom Scotland founded with 3 staff as an EU funded project to introduce organisations to the benefits of the internet
- Hotmail introduces the first online hosted email account
- eCom engages with Scottish Enterprise to help develop the business
2001 - 2003
- Management buyout by current CEO Linda Steedman
- eNetCMS launches, management system for website creation and editing
- eNetAssess launches, flexible online assessment system for creating and managing secure tests. And eCom’s first eAssessment project with Chartered Bankers Institute begins
- Start working with SQA to develop, manage and deliver on-line assessments
2004 - 2006
- Wendy Edie current MD joins as Director
- Skillslocker launches, workforce management system for tracking employee competence and deployment
- Key educational sector projects with Telford, Lauder and Glasgow Nautical Colleges
- Rapid development of eCom’s learning and assessment product portfolio, including launch of eNetLearn, a customisable LMS with real-time reporting and analysis
2007 - 2010
- Begin working with Scottish Water on a competency system for tracking social, informal and formal learning
- eLearning is becoming an integral part of many organisation’s workplace learning
- eNetCop launches, Community Of Practice system offering a secure online forum to facilitate social learning
- Evolution of Skillslocker to eNetEnterprise, eCom’s complete talent and workforce management solution
2011 - 2013
- Winner of the ‘Excellence in the production of E-Learning - Private Sector’ at the UK e-learning Awards, in partnership with Howden
- Deliver online assessment portal for oil & gas well accreditation for International Well Control Forum
- Create a blended learning solution for NHS One out of Four project, winner of the Royal College of Midwives’ President’s award for Partnership
- eNetAuthor V1 launches, cloud-based eLearning authoring tool
- eNetCRM launches, customer relationship management system for tracking customer interactions
2014 - 2016
- Official opening of eCom USA in Athens, Georgia
- Winners of the Herald Digital Awards in partnership with RNIB for accessible eLearning
- 1,000th graduate of the Customer Service Professional Qualification delivered using eCom’s eNetEnterprise
- eNetBadges launches, digital accreditation tool for recognising learning experiences and achievement
- eNetAuthor V2 is introduced, authoring and management tool for eLearning teams
2017 - Present
- British Council refreshed online training brings Agent and Counsellor training suite to the digital world
- Digital learning solutions for Mencap supports a wide variety of training for their 8,500 strong workforce
- An innovative digital solution for Taal:unie significantly improves their assessment and accreditation process
- ‘Assessing Reality’ project, supported by Ufi, will see development of a tool for constructing VR (virtual reality) assessment experiences
- Comply module of eNetEnterprise launched to support compliance and competency tracking frameworks
- Delivery of Off-line secure assessments using IOT device
The heart of the eCom Way, our values guide how we work with you, how we grow as a business and the way we work with one another every day.
Credibility and Integrity
We conduct ourselves with integrity and honesty as individuals, teams, and as a company. We strive to earn credibility with others, which we believe is essential to long-term personal and business relationships.
Continuous Improvement and Innovation
We pursue continuous improvement and innovation in our processes, products and services, and define success as getting the right things done well.
Respect and Invest
We respect others and invest in the growth of our colleagues, clients and extended community.
Corporate & Personal Responsibility
We go the extra mile, doing whatever it takes to make our customers and employees working lives easier.
Industries we serve
To see how our learning technology solutions will benefit you, please select the icon for your industry.
Having the right people with the right skills is key to great service delivery in healthcare. However, making sure those people stay in post can be a challenge. Our learning solutions help upskill your team to use new digital technology, increase job satisfaction and keep you up-to-date with policy.
Hospitality & Leisure
With consumers becoming increasingly digitally active, it’s vital to communicate in a personal way on a multi-channel basis, using social media and mobile technology to reach customers where they are. Our learning solutions can help upskill your team to deliver a great customer experience.
Transport & Logistics
Rising customer expectations have driven transport organisations to look at new digital technologies. However, the workforce is relatively unprepared for this. Our learning technologies will help you upskill your workforce so you can concentrate on moving people and goods efficiently.