The skills needed for the workplace change with ever-increasing speed. It is estimated that by 2020, 60% of new jobs will require less than 20% of the skills we currently possess*. Further Education and traditional qualification regimes are falling behind the changing requirements. More agile learning solutions are required to equip people with the right skills and competencies at the right time and credit them for these.
Open Badges, a digital record of learning experience and achievement, help recognise and verify learning. They enable learners to digitally display their education, knowledge, skills, and experience.
eCom hosted a live webinar entitled “The Potential of Open Badges: evidencing qualifications in the digital era” during which we addressed:
- What is badging and how are Open Badges being used in the workplace?
- What are the benefits for both learners and employers?
- How can badging help address validity and relevance of qualifications?
- How does badging ensure digital qualifications remain secure and can be trusted?
During the webinar, we provided a real life example from Georgia Southern University of how they use eCom’s Open Badging solution, eNetBadges, to help learners demonstrate competency.
A recording of the webinar is now available - if you would like a copy, please register your interest below.
* Who holds the key to closing the skills gap? www.ey.com