The Middleweight Digital Designer role is responsible for planning and creating a variety of visual web and print communication materials. They are visual problem solvers who work with clients to effectively communicate messages to specific audiences.
The majority of projects will have an eLearning focus therefore prior experience of eLearning would be advantageous. Internal design for eCom’s website, blog, newsletters and other documents relating to our services will also feature. Presentation internally and externally to promote eCom’s services will be required from time to time, so excellent customer service is required.
Reporting Line: To Senior Designer
Role Related Responsibilities:
- Liaise with clients to identify requirements
- Work with account managers, to define and document the design in line with eCom’s design models and approaches
- Communicate scope and design approach to eCom’s clients, explaining decisions and choices
- Contribute to style and tone guide for content
- Brief technical team members on the requirements for the build
- Ensure that content is implemented effectively making design and content decisions during build and review phase
- Other design and development related tasks as defined by the business
- Support junior members of the team on the best practices in design and multimedia.
- Already have some kind of professional design portfolio with experience of working on a variety of design briefs both large and small
- Ability to work well with others in the team with a strong collaborative approach to the work
- Capable of taking initiative: making recommendations on best approach in terms of scoping and design, and following through on actions with support from the wider team
- Strong communication skills: capable of explaining decision rationale to clients; communicating progress and updates to clients and colleagues; communicating design requirements to other designers and technical teams members
- Experience in Adobe CC applications (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign & Flash (for legacy content) as well as eLearning authoring tools, such as Storyline and Captivate. MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) also required.
- Good practical knowledge of HTML, CSS and web accessibility as well as decent knowledge of cross browser and platform issues
- An excellent eye for detail and the ability to bring online and multimedia briefs to life
- A degree in a design related subject and a background in visual or interaction design, with supporting portfolio and/or proven continuous professional development.
eCom Scotland is an award-winning learning solutions company based in Dunfermline, Fife. Our products and services address a wide range of workforce management, development and training challenges. We are an Investors in People Silver accredited company, commended for our company culture. We understand the virtues of a good work life balance and ensure a ‘good place to work’ policy
Please send your CV to email@example.com or contact 01383 630032 for more information